I received another interesting offer in the mail the other day from Chase for the United MileagePlus Club card with an added perk that just might be enough to convince me to apply.
As you can see, this offer includes the first year free which many cards do anyways but considering that the annual fee for this card is a hefty $450 and the first year typically isn't waived that is a considerable amount of savings. However, you are forfeiting the public offer of a $100 statement credit after your first purchase but I'll take $450 over $100 any day.
Just a recap of what this card offers:
- United Club membership (normally $550 by itself so already worth the annual fee)
- 2 free checked bags for primary cardholder and one companion
- Premier Access travel services with priority check-in, security screening (where available), boarding and baggage handling privileges
- Earn 2 miles per $1 on United purchases and 1.5 miles per $1 on other purchases
- No fees on foreign transactions
- Any seat, anytime, with your miles (extra seats opened up at Saver level)
- No fees on close-in award bookings on United tickets
- Platinum status in the Hyatt Gold Passport program
- United miles don't expire
- Hertz President's Circle elite status
- Primary car rental insurance
- Concierge services